Teach2Reach (T2R) is informed by existing scientific evidence, including research on: sex trafficking risk factors, recruitment, dynamics, and warning signs; healthy relationships; help-seeking and helping others and recommendations for educating youth about sex trafficking and identifying and responding to sex trafficking. Teach2Reach aims to:
- Raise youth’s awareness about sex trafficking, including its causes, dynamics, warning signs, and consequences
- Raise youth’s awareness about healthy relationships, sexual boundaries and consent
- Equip youth with skills for staying safe online
- Equip youth with knowledge about existing resources for addressing the needs of those currently experiencing sex trafficking or who have experienced sex trafficking, and enhance their help-seeking skills
- Equip youth with knowledge and skills related to helping others who may be experiencing, have experienced, or are at-risk for experiencing sex trafficking
- Help identify students who have been trafficked, or who are at high-risk for trafficking, so that appropriate services can be put into place
Please note you must attend all three sessions for full credit.
Day One: Monday, February 21 from 9:00-12:30pm
Day Two: Wednesday, February 23 from 9:00-12:30pm
Day Three: Friday, February 25 from 9:00-12:30pm
Prerequisite requirement: Successful completion of the online training: Essential Knowledge to Address the Commercial Sexual Exploitation of Children in North Carolina is required for your participation in the training. This special training program provides essential and critical knowledge on commercial sexual exploitation of children (CSEC) in North Carolina. The goal of this training is to better equip all those interacting with and caring for children and youth in North Carolina to end and prevent this form of exploitation, also referred to as child sex trafficking. NCCASA led a team of subject matter experts to create NC-specific content, collaborating with Justice U to provide online courses, digital certifications, and support for continuing education units (CEUs) needed. Once you register within a few days you will receive the coupon code to access the training for free. Please look for further information in your email about sharing credentials from the prerequisite training. You must attend the entire training to receive credit. This step is necessary to receive the T2R materials.