North Carolina Coalition Against Sexual Assault is an inclusive statewide alliance working to end sexual violence through education, advocacy, and legislation. NCCASA is a membership organization with a diverse membership including rape crisis centers, social change organizations, colleges and universities, medical professionals, mental health providers, faith institutions, other allied professionals, and individuals and college students who believe in and work together toward a world free from sexual violence. NCCASA as a statewide coalition uses a social justice framework, therefore, our work is done from a strong intersectional, social justice perspective. By centering our work around marginalized communities, everyone is served. We are striving to make our services accessible to all people.
The North Carolina Coalition Against Sexual Assault is an inclusive, statewide alliance working to end sexual violence through education, advocacy, and legislation.
NCCASA Working for You on a Local Level
- Providing information, referrals, and resources to individuals, rape crisis programs, and other organizations
- Supporting rape crisis programs and other individuals in their efforts to address sexual violence in their communities
- Advocating for local rape crisis programs
- Creating networking opportunities for those involved in the rape crisis movement
NCCASA Working for You on a State and National Level
- Training rape crisis advocates and allied professionals
- Promoting awareness through education and media campaigns
- Educating North Carolina legislators
- Coordinating Sexual Assault Response Teams (SART) across the state
- Developing sexual assault protocol for allied professionals
- Assisting colleges and universities in their efforts to address sexual assault through the NCCASA Campus Consortium