NCCASA 2015 Biennial Conference – "Sexual Violence at the Intersections"
January 15, 2015
Tuesday May 19th – Thursday May 21st, 2015 Greensboro, NC
The conference will be held at The Sheraton Greensboro Hotel at Four Seasons (http://www.sheratongreensboro.com/). Hotel reservation information will be coming in the next couple of weeks.
**Call for Proposals**NCCASA’s 2015 Conference, Sexual Violence at the Intersections, will focus on the importance of converging social justice movements, as we work collectively toward equity for all people and a society free of sexual assault and other forms of violence. We will also highlight issues of sexual violence including, but not limited to, campus work (Title IX & Clery Act), military sexual assault, human trafficking, and the Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA). We are looking for workshops that address primary prevention, service delivery & intervention, enhancing agency capacity, outreach, community organizing, and program management & development. Workshops are 90 minutes in duration and we are looking for trainers who are interactive, engaging, and provide participants with something tangible. We envision workshops that go beyond lecture style presentations we are accustomed to and encourage a delivery style such as TEDTalks, Train the Trainer, case studies, or small group work. Our goal is to offer participants a conference experience with minimal lecture that promotes participation amongst attendees. The Conference Committee comprised of NCCASA members and allied professionals will select workshops based on the content of the proposal and the relevancy to the 2015 conference. Guidelines for Submitting Proposals:
- Please complete the training proposal form below. Incomplete proposals will not be reviewed by the Conference Committee.
- Training proposals are due by 4:30pm on Thursday January 22nd, 2015. Proposals received after this deadline will not be reviewed by the Conference Committee.
- Please submit your training proposal via email to Kristen Howe, Director of Training and Education, at Kristen@nccasa.org.
- Training proposal submission does not guarantee workshop acceptance.
- Notification of selection will happen on Friday February 13th, 2015.